Sunday, October 16, 2011

Plain Jane Chapter 17 Teaser


I was so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn’t noticed that Bella had stopped typing and was now almost catatonic staring at the screen.

Sensing that she was only minutes away from breaking down and knowing she wouldn’t want to do that in front of people I called her into my office. Thankfully she responded and followed me. The moment I had my office door closed, Bella let out an agonised cry.

Instantaneously I was on my knees in front of her trying to find out what was happening and how I could fix it because seeing her cry was breaking my heart.

The moment James' name slipped from her lips I was almost feral with anger. I already wanted to beat the living shit out of him for what he did to Bella in the past. At that moment though, I was seriously considering hiring a contract killer to do away with him, because no one was going to fuck with Bella on my watch.

After retrieving the card that came with the flowers and seeing that nothing immediately revealed that it was James that sent the flowers. I decided that I was definitely going to get Jenks to check out this guy and get whatever dirt on him that he could. I wasn’t an idiot, though, and knew I needed to discuss it with Bella first.

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get Bella to agree to hiring the PI as well as to me paying for it. I had expected her to put up some resistance because she was a proud woman who was used to being in charge and though she did put up a bit of a fight it was nowhere near as much as I thought she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment