Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chapter 8 Teaser

As the door clicked shut, the nervous exhaustion that had been threatening to overwhelm me finally got the better of me and I collapsed onto the bed. I lay there for God knows how long contemplating the mess I had gotten myself into. I knew better. I knew taking Edward on as my sub was a bad idea, but I was just too curious for my own good. What was I going to do now? There was no way that I could give Edward up as my sub, but I could already feel myself developing feelings for him. This was not going to end well for me. Normally when I had a crisis of faith I would call Rose and she would talk me down from the ledge, but now that my sub was her brother in-law I didn’t feel comfortable talking to her. When I heard what sounded like a door shut in the hallway I realised I had probably been sitting in the playroom wallowing for too long and quickly jumped up and headed into my room for a shower.

As I lathered away the evidence of what had just happened in my playroom the doom and gloom lifted. I was a strong, independent woman. I didn’t need anybody to make my life complete. I was fine before Edward came into my life, and I would be fine after he was gone.

I quickly finished my shower, threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and then hurried down to the Living room.

“Been waiting long?” I asked as I walked through the door.

“No, Mistress, just a few minutes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment